Monday, June 18, 2007

24 Weeks

So we had a little scare last week. To make a long story short, I called the doctor last Friday night with some worrysome symptoms and I was sent to Labor and Delivery to get checked out. Luckily, everything was fine and they said that all looked well. I was a nervous wreck as most of you could imagine.
This past weekend was kind of exciting as I felt the first real "kick". We were at a wedding and as soon as the dancing music started, the baby was going nuts! It was so awesome. I don't know if he/she loved it or hated it! Abel was able to see it a little at home as well. I sat a plastic container on my belly and when it kicked, Abel was able to see it shake a bit. He seemed pretty excited about seeing it for the first time.
Things are still going well, getting bigger and bigger everyday. Its really hard to believe I am only 3 weeks away from my 3rd trimester. Looking forward to my next appt which is not until the 29th. I am dreading the glucose drink but I am always anxious for reassurance that everything is going well and looks good. And, also to hear the heartbeat again :) I bought a monitor for home from Target but haven't been able to hear it on there yet. I have heard that they are not very good and people don't have much luck with them.....which is good that I know or else I am sure I would have freaked out not being able to find it! lol

No comments: