Wednesday, August 22, 2007

33 weeks...

...and counting! I went to my doctor appointment on Friday and all is well. I lost 3 pounds, which I thought would be a concern but wasn't. Dr. B said that the baby is taking in the weight and that is fine. Especially since I haven't really gained much to begin with. So, I am at an overall weight gain of just 5 pounds! So hard to believe when I feel like a whale.
I heard the heartbeat again, that has to be the best sound in the world, Dr. B said it sounded "perfect". We talked about birth weight and location of the baby and what the risk for a csection would be. He said he was going to take the baby by csection if it is bigger than 9 1/2 pounds or if he/she hasn't turned (as of now, the baby's head is still comfortable laying against my right ribs). I don't care how it happens, as long as we are both healthy and happy. I have complete faith in Dr. B :)
It is really starting to get uncomfortable now. I am having a hard time sitting for long periods of time, especially at work. I have a pillow behind me to help my back but sometimes its just not enough. Driving in the car gets to me sometimes too. Sleeping is still an issue, up a million times and its very difficult to get comfortable again or to turn over (again, a time when you literally feel like a whale!). Other than that, things are really good.
The nursery is coming along. We aren't "decorating" the room until the baby is here and we know the sex. We have the crib put together and mattress/sheet on it ready to go. The dresser has made it to the room, I just have to get Abel to put it together now. All of the clothes/blankets etc are washed and hung up in the closet or folded and in a basket waiting on the dresser. The closet smells so good, I can't wait until I smell that smell on the baby everyday. Mom and Dad bought us the stroller/car seat this past weekend, so we are all ready to go. We really only have a few things left to get (swing/video monitor/shelf or bookcase). Everything is all ready and waiting. Next appointment is the 31st and he said we would schedule a final ultrasound for a week-2 weeks after that. I will be VERY close at that point. I can't believe I am going to be a Mom .... in a month!

No comments: